Friday 26 July 2013

I won't ask you to stay

Some say the world ends in fire,
Some say in ice.

I suppose that
Entirely describes
How Singapore ends
Her great day
these few weeks.

Hot and cold.
Cold and hot.
She's as fickle as me.

Has it really been
A year?
I've been so busy
I
     Just
              Stop

Projects,
Assignments
All the school crap.
Piles up
High
Precariously stacked,
Wavering,
When will it
Fall and
Crash?

Busy life,
Mundane life,
Tiring life.
A vicious cycle hoping
To stop repeating

It'd be better,
I tell myself.
You're strong enough to
Withstand all this,
Because you
Are built to
Be great and
Wondrous.

I walk down
This treacherous path to
Seek a satisfying life.
Tranquil and loving,
With my family and friends,
Surrounding me with
Their unconditional love and
Understanding.

I will fall and
Hurt myself,
Blood and tears
Flowing down.
But I won't ever
Give up.
I will stand
Up high with
A straight back and
Continue down my
Runway with
My head held high.

My pride is only
Significant after I
Achieve.
My achievements,
Don't make me who
I am.
My experiences,
Thoughts and
Feelings are
The end product of
What makes me,
Me.

Kindness is
A virtue,
Taken for granted
Far too many times,
But we just don't
Learn.
Our values make us
Gracious, but
Nobody seems to
Follow them
Anymore.

I try to be
A good person.
Positive and
Polite.
I try to
Help,
Extend my hands
To the skies and
Throw caution into
The wind.

I want to
Dance and
Sing and
Laugh uncontrollably.
I don't want
To hold myself
Back and be on
My guard all
The damn time.

No comments:

Post a Comment